Many of you know that exactly one year ago, I lost my sweet Ruby to a five year battle with Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. My sweet friend Aileen at iTeach was her 4th grade teacher.
Throughout the last few years, Ruby’s parents have made us a part of their family. Ruby was an only child, so I consider it a special privilege to be counted as family. We have shared meals, tears, birthday parties, and many prayers. I don’t have children of my own, but Ruby left quite a mark on my heart the day she became a part of my classroom. You can read more of our story with Ruby here.
We recently learned that her parents were not able to afford a headstone for her grave. My heart hurts for them as they are struggling to pay off Ruby’s medical debts and keep up with their everyday bills. Aileen and I want to help give them the ability to give Ruby a proper “place for peace.” I know that it grieves them that her resting place is not complete.
When I reached out to my blogging friends, I was overwhelmed with their willingness to donate towards a fundraiser for Ruby. There have been several moments in the last week that I have found myself in tears over their generosity. So, like my sweet friends Alisha and Ashley, I’m organizing a fundraiser to help Ruby’s parents pay for a headstone so that she can have a proper resting place. I also have to take a moment to say a BIG thank you to Ashley for designing Ruby’s ribbon. She even created a set of them for free that anyone can use. She is amazing!
Here’s how this will work:
- You donate $20 via the PayPal button at the bottom of this post.
- Tell your friends, blog about it, and help spread the word.
- I will send YOU the bundled files within 72 hours (hopefully faster!) to the email attached to your PayPal account. If you want them sent to a different email address, please note it when you are checking out in the “message” box. You can also email me at email@example.com
- After the fundraiser is over, I will give all of the money raised (minus any PayPal fees) to Ruby’s parents. They will be able to purchase a headstone for our sweet girl.
The total value of the files donated to this fundraiser is just under $130! Each picture below will show you what individual bloggers and teacher-authors are donating. The button below each picture will take you to their blog or TpT store. Please stop in and show them some love for their generosity!
I still can’t believe how many sweet friends have pitched in to help.
If you’d like to donate, please remember the following:
- You must donate a minimum of $20 in order for me to send you the bundle of goodies.
- All donations are going through my PayPal account. PayPal has created a code that will tell me you have donated towards A Place for Peace. This helps me to keep all of the fundraiser funds separated and it makes it easier for me to verify your donations.
- I will use the email provided to me through PayPal to send you your goodies unless you send me a message at the bottom of your transaction or you email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- This donation button will be active through May 1st. It may be taken down earlier if we reach our maximum donation.
- Once you donate, please give me 72 hours to send you the link to your goodies. If it has been longer than 72 hours, please contact me at email@example.com.
- Once the fundraiser is over, I will remove the donation button and give all of the funds to Ruby’s parents. I promise to let you know how much we raise and pass along any messages from Ruby’s parents.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for helping me to give Ruby’s parents a gift of peace. Thank you for helping me to give back a little bit of the love they have shared with me in the last few years. No act of kindness is ever wasted.